SERPs and What They Mean for Your Business
Do you know where your content ranks on search engine results pages (SERPs)?
Are you sure?
Ranking high on the SERPs could mean the difference between skyrocketing traffic to your site and improving click-through rates or having none at all.
So, let’s take a look at why achieving top rankings on popular search engines is so important.
The one thing you must do if you want to grab more traffic than your competition.
What Is a Search Engine Results Page?
A search engine results page is what’s returned to a user after entering a specific word, phrase, or query into the search engine browser. The featured snippets are small bits of text from your site or meta descriptions that people can see as they browse the results pages. If your website does not appear when a user searches for related keywords, how will they ever know about your company?
Why High-Ranking SERPs Are Important for a Business
There are two ways to get traffic from search results pages. You can either pay for it or get it organically by using proven ranking factors like; well-researched keywords, high-quality content, fast-loading web pages, and relevant backlinks. If you are smart about on-site SEO and keyword usage, your page can rank well organically. Keep in mind that ranking organically does take a lot of time and effort, however. Taking the time to do keyword research, create compelling content, and improve page speed can help your business with the following:
- It will bring you significantly more website traffic.
- It will increase your brand recognition and authority.
- It will give you more brand exposure.
5 Tips on How to Rank Highly in the Search Engines
Here are five quick tips for how to rank highly on the search engine results pages:
- Use high-quality content to increase relevant backlinks to your site. This will boost your domain authority and help propel you toward the top of the SERP.
- Always link back to your own content, either through guest blogging, internal links, or from your social media posts.
- Make sure your page loading speeds (including mobile pages) are as fast as possible. It should take no more than three seconds to load any page on your site. You will not show up in search queries if it takes any longer than this to load a page.
- Develop, structure, and write your pages in a user-friendly way. You can do this by creating simple navigation, creating readable content, and being mindful of whitespace. Don’t forget also to make all pages easy for the search engine spiders to crawl. This means you should have no broken backlinks, relevant navigation, and as few indexing errors as possible.
- All your pages should be mobile-friendly, which will also help improve loading speeds and give you a better chance of ranking on SERPs.
The One Thing You Must Do If You Want to Grab More Traffic Than Your Competition
Include as many questions and answers in your content as possible to increase your chances of gaining a spot in the Google Answer Boxes.
Landing in any of the Google Answer Boxes is one of the best ways to grab more traffic and build authority and name recognition for your brand.
Would you like to take your marketing to the next level? Contact Us today.
Strategic Growth Advisors works to aggressively grow revenues and profits for large and small businesses alike. And we’d love to do the same for you!